THANKS FOR SUPPORTING ST. IGNATIUS FOOD PANTRY!
The Christian Service Commission launched the St. Ignatius Food Pantry on Sunday, December 18th, 2016. This service to the needy is one of the corporal of works of mercy.
Thank you to all those who have supported over the past 11 months! This Ministry has already helped several deserving persons in the Cayman community!
We are requesting that if you are aware of any persons in our Parish community as well as those in our community at large who are in need of help, please help them to use this facility by contacting the Church Office. Thank you for your support!!!
Items needed include:
- 2 lb rice, flour, and sugar
- Tea Bags
- Kraft Macaroni & Cheese
- Healthy Boxed Cereals
- Baked Beans
- Canned Soup & Cup-a-Soup
- Corned Beef or Spam
- Canned Tuna or Sardines
ST. IGNATIUS/DOROTHY RICE SCHOLARSHIP FUND
NOW IN OUR 21ST YEAR ASSISTING FAMILIES WITH SCHOOL TUITION!
The St. Ignatius/Dorothy Rice Memorial Scholarship Fund assists families who are not able to afford the full tuition at St. Ignatius School (which averages about $9500 per year).
Each year we help to keep children in our school who otherwise couldn’t afford a Catholic Education. Over the past 20 years we have assisted 175 children from 120 families!The average child in this programme receives about $200-$300 per month off the fees, paid by the scholarship fund (directly to the school bursar), while the child’s family pays the rest.
In return for the help, the families actively contribute to the school and parish in a variety of ways (helping out with fundraisers, chaperoning school trips, cleaning the grounds, assisting at sports days, serving on committees, etc.).
Many thanks to all those who have contributed to the fund during recent months and during the past several years!
For further information, please contact Jeremy Rice in the Parish Office or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How you can help:
- Donation envelopes are available at the front entrance of St. Ignatius Church or in the church office. Donations can be dropped in the collection, sent in by mail or dropped off at the church office. If paying by cheque, please make your donations payable to: ST. IGNATIUS, and in the memo, please indicate “Scholarship Fund”.
- On-line transfers can be done through Butterfield Bank… contact May in the parish office for details.
- Perhaps your company would like to assist with regular contributions OR a one-off donation?
- Please consider the Scholarship Fund from time to time when doing your charitable work throughout the year!