THANKS FOR SUPPORTING ST. IGNATIUS FOOD PANTRY!
The Christian Service Commission launched the St. Ignatius Food Pantry on Sunday, December 18th, 2016. This service to the needy is one of the corporal of works of mercy.
During this unexpected global pandemic, it is important that we keep our Food Pantry going in order to support the most vulnerable in our community. A HUGE THANK YOU to all who have supported in recent weeks! There are many different ways that Parishioners may help at this time!
Food Pantry donations may now be dropped off at the PARISH OFFICE during normal weekday hours. If you have any questions please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 949-6797. “For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink.” - Matthew 25:35
Together, as a community, let us continue making a difference in the lives of others!
- Donations of non-perishable food items or toiletries are welcome!
- Supermarket gift cards are also welcome (Foster’s, Kirk Market, Hurley’s, Cost-U-Less)!
- If you prefer to make monetary donations our volunteers will be happy to purchase items needed!
- Plastic and/or reusable shopping bags are always much appreciated!
ST. IGNATIUS/DOROTHY RICE SCHOLARSHIP FUND
FINISHING OUR 23RD YEAR ASSISTING FAMILIES WITH SCHOOL TUITION!
The St. Ignatius/Dorothy Rice Memorial Scholarship Fund assists families who are not able to afford the full tuition at St. Ignatius School (which averages about $9500 per year).
Each year we help to keep children in our school who otherwise couldn’t afford a Catholic Education. Over the past 20 years we have assisted 175 children from 120 families!The average child in this programme receives about $200-$300 per month off the fees, paid by the scholarship fund (directly to the school bursar), while the child’s family pays the rest.
In return for the help, the families actively contribute to the school and parish in a variety of ways (helping out with fundraisers, chaperoning school trips, cleaning the grounds, assisting at sports days, serving on committees, etc.).
Many thanks to all those who have contributed to the fund during recent months and during the past several years!
For further information, please contact Jeremy Rice in the Parish Office or via e-mail: email@example.com.
How you can help:
- On-line transfers can be done through Butterfield Bank - account 02-101-031260. Please mark as "Scholarship Fund".
- Donations can also be sent in by mail to PO Box 2638, Grand Cayman, KY1-1102. If paying by cheque, please make your donations payable to: ST. IGNATIUS, and in the memo, please indicate “Scholarship Fund”.
- Perhaps your company would like to assist with regular contributions OR a one-off donation? Please consider the Scholarship Fund from time to time when doing your charitable work throughout the year!Many thanks to all those who have contributed to the fund during recent months and during the past several years!For further information, please contact Jeremy Rice in the Parish Office or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.