HAPPY ANNIVERSARY OF ORDINATION!
Fr. Tristan Abbott, SOLT, celebrated his 6th anniversary of ordination this Sunday, May 31st!
ANNOUNCEMENT: 14th May 2020
Fr. Theo D’Cunha, SAC, after prayerful consideration, has decided to take up a new assignment in India this summer. His last day as Pastor of Saint Ignatius Parish is 30th June 2020.
Fr. Naveen D’Souza, SAC, with the concurrence of his provincial, Very Reverend Valerian Charles Fernandes, SAC, is appointed administrator of St. Ignatius Parish, Grand Cayman, by Most Reverend Allen Vigneron, Archbishop of Detroit, with effect 1st July 2020.
The Coordinators of our Parish's Eucharistic Adoration Chapel are making plans for the impending resumption of Eucharistic Adoration, with social distancing protocols observed. They are in need of new Adorers to make the commitment and also for the current committed Adorers to make contact to confirm their availability. Please read a message from them here:
- (NEW) A special Mass for the Memorial of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of the Church will be celebrated on Monday, June 1st at 12 Noon. This will be live streamed on the St. Ignatius Parish's Facebook page. Frs. Theo and Naveen are inviting you to join in this important celebration.
- Please review our Parish Bulletin for May 31st Pentecost Sunday
- Private Mass this Friday at 12:00 noon will be live streamed on Facebook.
- Private Mass this Sunday at 9:00 am will be live streamed on Facebook.
- + Maria Angelica Lejarde: All are invited to pray for the repose of our sister, Maria Angelica Lejarde, who died last Saturday evening. May her soul and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
- Daily Novena to the Holy Spirit for Penetcost week can be found here
- (NEW) Thursday Evening Rosary - an online get-together every week until we can gather again - click here for information
- Reminder that our three Churches, the Parish Office and the Divine Mercy Adoration Chapel remain CLOSED until further notice.
- May is the Month of Mary - pray the Rosary every day!
- Here is a link to the Unleash the Gospel Newsletter from the Archdiocese of Detroit. Enjoy reading! (O'Neil Miller)
- Here is an Article on the Pallottine Response to Covid 19
- Our pastors are members of the Pallottine Order.
- St. Vincent Pallotti lived through the cholera epidemic of the early 1830s in Italy. (O'Neil Miller)
Saints to remember next week. Learn about them online:
Thursday May 28th: Venerable Pierre Toussaint
Thursday June 4th: Blessed Angeline of Marsciano
Friday June 5th: Saint Boniface
Saturday June 6th: Saint Norbert
We will continue to monitor the Parish e-mail daily, so please get in touch if you have any questions or concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay safe! God Bless!
Parish Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/St-Ignatius-Parish-Grand-Cayman-400740876744368/