Steubenville Live (A Virtual Event)
July 17th-19th, 2020
For Teens Entering Year 9 and Older!
Conference Theme: “Hope Alive”
“Hope does not disappoint because the love of God has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.” – Romans 5:5
Earlier this year we were planning eagerly for our annual summer trip to Orlando for the Steubenville High School Conference. Unfortunately, the pandemic has upset our plans for that trip.
All the conferences across the US and Canada have been cancelled this year, except for the one in Florida, which we were hoping to attend. This conference is going ahead with about 1000 in attendance.
The Florida Conference will also become a worldwide virtual event by way of live streaming, called Steubenville Live! If your son/daughter is entering Yr. 9 and above in September 2020, then we are inviting him/her to participate in this with us. We will be meeting in the Loyola Hall on Friday, July 17th and Saturday, July 18th.
- Friday, July 17th: 5:30 pm – 9:15 pm Loyola Hall
- Saturday, July 18th: 12:30 pm – 9:45 pm Loyola Hall (be sure to have lunch at home before arrival)
- Sunday, July 19th: 11:30 am – 12:30 pm We will attend Mass together at St. Ignatius
The Conference will feature worship music from renowned Catholic Musician Josh Blakesley and talks by engaging speakers and priests. We will have Eucharistic Adoration and the opportunity for Confession with Fr. Naveen.
See the link here for more details: https://steubenvilleconferences.com/events/fl/
Meals & Snack: On Friday and Saturday, we will serve dinner, snacks and water/drinks.
Costs: To cover the costs of the meals, snacks and water, we are asking for a donation of $20 from each participant.
Covid-19 Protocols: We will observe all Covid-19 protocols for the safety of all.
- Masks will be mandatory while inside the Loyola Hall.
- Physical distancing will be observed in our seating arrangements, etc.
- There are opportunities for break times. We will use these times to hang out with friends but limit social contact.
- Due to the length of the days (Friday and Saturday) and for comfort, we encourage teens to brings their own cushions/comfy chairs, etc.
Dress Code: Dress code will be a modest pair of shorts or jeans and t-shirt (past Steubenville/Confirmation Retreat or a t-shirt with a Christian message is appropriate).
RSVP is a MUST! DEADLINE to register and pay is this Monday, July 13th:
- Due to the need to observe Physical Distancing, etc, space will be limited 50 teens.
- Please RSVP by e-mailing email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, July 13th.
- Please make payment to the Parish Office by Monday also. This way we can plan for meals well ahead of time.
- Deposit for Steubenville Trip: If you made a deposit for the actual Steubenville Conference Trip, you will receive a refund. Please contact the Parish Office to arrange.
O’Neil Miller — Director of Religious Education